Saturday, December 22, 2007

Jammies are done!


I made five pairs of PJ bottoms (bought shirts) because we traditionally open (homemade by Mom) them on Christmas Eve. I was having a hard time getting motivated until I decided to make them out of fleece instead of flannel this year. It was great! No finishing edges, the entire five pairs only took about three hours. (A big contrast to the year I made them all men's style pj's with contrasting piping and buttons-those about four or five hours a pair, and I'm a fast sewer). The word "sewer" always makes me giggle when I see it written because I always think of the place plumbing waste goes to. Right now I'm making an apron for my wonderful Mother in law. She collects them and uses them (which I love because she wears her nice clothes to cook in and always seems polished and put together while still being so down to earth and...just wonderful). I love how its turning out. I designed it so I have to stop now because I didn't gauge how much bias tape I needed very well and I ran out. Oh well DH is playing his violin in church tommorow and so I need to go to bed anyway so I can get everyone ready and out the door on time.

4 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

The PJ's sound wonderful! Especially fleece, so cozy!

I'm an apron girl, too! I find I have to wear them because I have ruined too many shirts (stains from cooking!)...

Have a wonderful day...

jenn said...

Oh I'm an apron girl too. I bought a couple at Rumble Tums in Conestoga because they're hard to find!

Love the jammies!

Merry Christmas my friend!

Nancy said...

Love the sewer comment- I always think the same thing!! That's why I always say seamstress. I think I may go the fleece route for pj's next year too since I don't have a serger.

newsinaminute said...

loved the pics of the PJ's I'll try that next year..I made nightgowns for three of the five grandaughters and bought our little hunter a pair of pj's I love that Christmas eve tradition.
Happy new year come over if you all are down our way.. aunt Lynda