Thursday, November 10, 2016

It's the End of the World as We Know it and a little bit of Chicken Fried

I've had some requests to share some cycling workouts and I thought I'd do it here. I'm calling these "sample workouts" instead of classes because the laws for licencing music for Group Exercise Instructors are complicated and restrictive so consider these my personal indoor biking workouts. Since I'm usually at the YMCA when I indoor cycle, I try to be respectful of language and content so I often use covers (these are also usually more in line with what's allowed legal-use-wise).

I couldn't resist a few political commentaries in song form though I wanted to keep things light and positive for the most part. Like many Americans I'm sad and confused by the outcome of this election. I really love my life here, and am grateful for this country, I think this country has been great all along (not perfect but great) and I am not convinced that the changes on the way are for the better. I don't want to be told "it will be ok" as I've seen enough of the effects of the hate mongering this election has wrought to know that that is just not true for many people. Here's to working out our frustrations in a productive way:


Cycling November 2016 "It's the End of the World as we Know it and a little bit of chicken Fried
1.
Nobody But Me
Michael Buble
2:59
Warm Up Surges
2.
My Way
Calvin Harris
2:53
Warm Up Climb
3.
Still Falling For You
Ellie Goulding
5:41
Climb
4.
It’s the End of the World As We know It
R.E.M.
4:06
Long sprints 1:30 min on 0:30 off
5.
Send Them Off
Bastille
4:58
Long climb
6.
American Idiot
5 seconds of Summer
3:03
Sprints
7.
Move Your Body
Sia
3:37
climb
8.
Pushing
Andy Grammer
3:09
Seated accelerations (push 5-10 rpms harder at "pushing all my life" part)
9.
Waste All My Love
Denjy
3:49
Climb
10.
Fireproof
Coleman Hell
2:50
Hard Tempo
11.
Highway to Hell
AC/DC
3:28
Sprints or  Seated accelerations
12.
Kids
One Republic
3:58
Climb
13.
I Wanna Be Sedated
The Ramones
2:29
Sprints
14.
Warhead
The Presidents Of the United states...
1:54
Hard Tempo
15
Grandpa’s Groove
Parov Stelar
2:20
Climb
16,
Grow Up
Olly Muirs
3:44
Cool down
17.
All we know
Chain Smokers
3:26
Cool Down 
18. Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band...to leave on an upbeat note because I still love this country.
Thanks for checking this out.

No comments: