Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I've been tagged on facebook by my friend Matthew; "Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you."



Since my blog is linked to my notes I'll compose here.



1. I love to iron. I feel guilty when I do it because I know that there are so many other things with much bigger impacts that I "should" be doing.



2. I make something crafty almost every day (not that you'd know it from my lack of blogging).



3. I love to read but not to write. Though I compose things in my head constantly I can never seem to get them down properly. I blame my ADD.



4. I want to eat only raw food. Its much harder for me in the winter (mostly because of availability-I miss my farmers market CSA share). Veggies, Fruits, nuts, seeds. Yummy and digestible. Wish I wasn't so easily tempted to eat other things at this time of year.



5. I have a negative sense of direction. I get lost a lot. When I get somewhere without getting lost I'm really proud of myself.



6. I'm a spin class junkie. If I could get myself out of bed at 4:30am I'd go everyday (I have to alternate the 5 am class with the 10 am class on days I can figure out babysitting). I like to ride outside even more but its hard to remember that its even possible when its 11 degrees F (that's -11 C for my Canadian friends). I love hills!



7. I'm neither a "morning" nor a "night" person. I just need my eight hours of sleep. I get kind of grouchy otherwise.



8. My husband and I take dance classes with a group of mostly retired people at the community college. We've learned East and West coast swing (though no flips etc considering our classmates are mostly in their 60's and 70's), tango (love it), cha-cha (my favorite), polka (hilarious), waltz and foxtrot. Its fun and he is a fabulous dancer (better than me as I have no rhythm). I can follow pretty much any lead though.


9. Everyone in my family is musical except for me. My sisters tease me about my horrible singing (its not that bad they're just mean :-). My kids can all play instruments, my husband plays guitar, banjo, violin, and piano...and well I paint, sew, draw and make stuff. But I love too sing and do so regardless.


10. I ran my first two marathons this year with six weeks of each other. My favorite distance is a 10k. I'm not too fond of the pounding that 26.2 gives you. I do love that sense of accomplishment and my running abs.



11. I've swam (swum?) in the Arctic Ocean.



12. I have a huge problem with procrastination. I find it really hard to focus on jobs even when I like them if I feel like I "have" to do them. For example I should be wrapping gifts right now since my children are at school but instead I'm doing this. (I'm embarrassed to say that its true for paying jobs even more...I have my dream job as an illustrator and a 3/4 finished project sitting on my desk and I'm having trouble finishing it and all I have to do is ink it. there are some deep seated psychological problems with that!)



13. I make cards for a living but never actually give people cards on birthdays etc. I never send Christmas cards. If you know me and you haven't gotten a card from ever, its not because I don't love you, see # 12.



14. My favorite thing in my studio is my Royal Deluxe typewriter. I use it all the time to add text to things that can't go through the printer. Plus it looks really cool.



15. I had three of my five children at home. I'm adding it in here because its kind of "weird" and random. They were water births and I loved it and recommend it to anyone with a low risk pregnancy.



16. I met my husband in October of 1993, got engaged in Nov 1993, and married in January 1994. We are complete opposites and that seems to work for us pretty well most of the time.



I don't seem to be particularly deep after reading these but I'll add a bonus one; I have developed an aversion to self-analysis of late. LOL



I'm tagging:

Nancy, Nyla, Sarah, Jessica, Emily, Susan, Sara, Lora, Alli, Solana, Cami, Rebbekah, Kara, Andrew, and Matthew (my brother and the Matthew that tagged me).

No comments: